In addition to the main house, there are two annexe buildings with bedrooms located at the rear of the property near the gardens. St Joseph’s has a ground floor Common room large enough for meetings and access to the EWTN TV network.
St Anne’s is where the en suite accommodation can be found, nestled behind the Parish Church.
New from Easter 2015: We shall have a total of 37 beds available in en suites. We have five first floor singles, two ground floor doubles (accessed by steps), five ground floor twins and nine first floor twins. Each room has a shower, hand-basin and WC, colour television and tea and coffee making facilities. Soap and towels are provided for en suite guests.
The licensed restaurant serves a set menu (to be booked in advance), although medical and other diets can be provided – see notes regarding allergens. Special occasions – birthdays, anniversaries etc – can be catered for on application, and many groups now come for a winter ‘Two-for-One” get-away (Bargain Breaks – see below) and have a lovely Christmas meal too.
If you would like to make a booking, please call during office hours (Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm*) to ascertain availability. Once you have provisionally booked, a request for a non-refundable deposit to secure the beds will be sent.
Our aim is to provide reasonably priced accommodation for those who wish to visit the Shrine, so it is not possible to book specific rooms, although preferences will be noted.
About two months before you travel you will receive paperwork regarding your visit. Prompt return of this completed paperwork will ensure the Staff are able to allocate rooms and book meals for you.
In February of each year we open the diary for the following year and so early booking of sought-after dates is recommended.
- Check-in times: 3pm – 10pm. Check-out time: 10am.
- Allergens: If you or any of your party are allergic to the following, please inform us in writing and let the Kitchen staff know at every mealtime. Whilst we take the issue of food allergies and intolerances seriously all dishes are produced and prepared in environments that are not free from gluten, milk, egg, fish, crustaceans, molluscs, tree nuts (such as walnut, hazelnut, almond, cashews etc.), peanuts, sesame, celery, mustard, lupin, soya, or sulphur dioxide therefore all dishes may contain traces of these and other allergens. If you or any of your party suffer from sensitive trace reactions for stated allergens, please be aware that we are unable to guarantee suitability for them.
- A cancellation fee will apply to cancelled/unused beds to help fund any loss to the Shrine.
- No pets, only registered working assistance dogs (subject to suitable accommodation being available).
- The use of personal electrical appliances, such as irons and kettles, is discouraged due to the possibility of fire.
- Smoking is only permitted on the picnic area at the Shrine and in the outdoor smoking shelters at Elmham House.
- The Shrine is a non-profit making organisation which provides accommodation through Elmham House to help fund itself. The tariff for accommodation is set at the end of each year according to inflation and expected costs for the following year.
- To book beds during the New Dawn Conference ONLY please telephone them on 0151 228 0724 as they have all our accommodation booked during the first week of August. Please do not telephone them about beds at other times of the year.
- We are fully booked for the period over the August Bank Holiday when Youth 2000 are camping at the Shrine.
* The Booking Office, within the Pilgrim Bureau, is closed during the Christmas shut down (please visit our Contact us page for dates).